Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's just a freakin door

So we bought a screen door and an entry door for the basement about a month ago and I'm just getting around to 'hanging' them. Jill suggested hanging the storm door first, ok I thought then lugged the box down to the basement, opened it up and went straight for the directions (yes I read the directions every once in a while) and was amazed..it actually looked pretty darn easy--so I went to work.


A broken drill bit, a couple of battery changes on the cordless drill and hand driving the screws in between battery charges later--- the screen door is now hung-OH I almost forgot.. Jordan helped alot..really- she held the door for me for about a minute as I attached the rail to the door frame :-) I'm glad I one of my boots proping it up.... she didn't notice.

So now comes "the harware". Reading the instructions, I need a drill bit that I cant find, are you kidding me!?! I probably have 3/4 of every tool known to man, the problem is some are here and some are there and the rest are over there. After checking here, there, and over there, grrrr "It's just a freaking door" how hard can this be- after double checking everywhere, the one drill bit that I need is officially missing, double GRRRRR. Got to go to WalMart-I'll let you know

2 comments:

  1. D'oh! Lucy and/or Linus probably ate. Sorry, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-Gads! I hope not, if anything Oliver ate it, it was in the garage section of the house :-)

    ReplyDelete